Thursday, January 24, 2013

Should I stay or should I go..

I wrote this three weeks ago... Just two days after my 13th wedding anniversary...


He says he will love me forever...
But he cant be with me forever.
He keeps saying that nobody has to leave.
But I don't see how I'm supposed to get through this if I stay.
It would be like dangling from a bungee cord
made of emotions
Tears and pain... Sorrow and grief.
Hope and love.
Dropping me through little pockets of sadness to the truth at the bottom.
Only then bouncing me right back up into the hope of love at the top.
A shimmer of light. Looking for his hand to pull me back up.
With each descent that light fades
Getting farther and farther away.
Never as close as the time before.
Until I ultimately am left dangling.
Dangling ever so slightly above the infinite bottom.
Waiting for something to pull me back up.
To save me from this nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment